At the end of the year, I always like to reflect on what I’ve done well, and what I could have done better.
Here’s the list:
1. People tell you everything you need to know about them. Believe them. Don’t make excuses for their shortcomings or think you can change them.
2. Love won’t make you feel like crap. Abuse will.
3. Work should never take over your life.
4. Sometimes the best things are waiting in the wings, out of site until God decides the time is right.
5. Music is life. It’ll always be there to make you feel something.
6. Sometimes being afraid is exactly what you need to make a necessary change in your life.
7. Therapy isn’t an admission of craziness, it is a declaration that you’d like to have a better life and maybe need some help reorganizing the patterns that have held you back from true happiness.
8. Life takes balls. If you don’t have them, fake it until the world believes you do.
9. Without great risk, there’s no great reward. Take chances. Losing everything hasn’t killed me so far and I don’t think it ever will.
10. It’s your life; it’s a long one if you’re miserable, so make choices that are good for you. Don’t worry about anyone else….everything comes out in the wash anyway.
11. Don’t ever be careless with anyone’s heart. That crap comes around.
12. Love one another. We only have so long on this big spinning rock. Let’s enjoy it.
13. Honesty is the only form of truth.
14. No relationship in your life is more important than the one you have with God, your family and yourself. Be gentle with all of them.
15. Don’t be afraid to be you. No one else can be. So rock it. The world needs you and God made you just the way he did for a very distinct reason…
The 00’s were an incredibly rough decade: 9/11*Paris Hilton*War’s in Afghanistan, Iraq and all over the world*George Bush destroying the U.S.’s prosperity*Michael Jackson’s death*Beauty trumping brains in the media*Fakeness being the standard* The Milf-Cougar revolution*More separation form God (or Allah, or whoever your higher power is, religion seems to be an afterthought for people, instead of the focal point of our lives as it should be)*School Shootings*Katrina and the bull— that followed*Fall of the economy*Hookups rule over commitments*Sexting*Social Networking distancing people further than before*Still no cure for cancer or AIDS, but more than 5 pills to make sure a 90 year old man can still catch a boner*I lost 3 people who meant the world to me…tragically and unnecessarily *Watching someone who had worked for everything lose it all because greed had become more important than service*
I believe the 10’s bring much peace, promise and prosperity.
I can feel it, it’s visceral. Things are looking up. We, as a people, will begin to see the fog lift and remember, life is about FEELING GOOD.
Happiness will reign. Love will abound. And it’s about time.