Turning ordinary pine cones into glitter pine cone decor can be a neat and fun craft to do. It allows you to make a decor for holidays, seasons, or just because you think it looks nice. It brings a little bit of nature into your household and can look really nice too.
Creating glitter pine cone decor is pretty simple. You can easily do this craft on your own or allow children to help you with it. It does not take too long to do and when you are done, you will have nice looking decor for your household.
Here are the materials you can use and the directions for creating your own glitter pine cone decor for your house.
A few pine cones.
1. Collect a few pine cones. You can find the pine cones in various outdoor areas, such as the front or backyard or the park.
2. Take one of the paper plates and spill some glitter onto it. You can use one paper plate full of glitter or use a few paper plates with glitter of various colors.
3. Put some glue on one of the pine cone. You can cover as much as you like, depending on how much glitter you want on each pine cone. Just allow yourself a little room to hold the pine cone without getting glue on yourself.
4. Holding the top and bottom of the pine cone, roll it in the glitter that is on the paper plate (if you have more than one, roll it onto the glitter of choice). The glitter will stick onto the glue.
5. When you are done, set the pine cone on a different paper plate and let the glue and glitter dry.
6. Repeat these steps for the remaining pine cones.
7. As the pine cones dry, put some tissue paper into the bottom of the woven basket. You have some sticking out of the basket so it shows or just keep it strictly on the bottom.
8. Once the pine cones are dry, you can then place them into the basket.
9. You can set the basket on the table as a centerpiece, in a window sill, or on a shelf with other home decor products.
You have now taken regular pine cones and created your own glitter pine cone decor. This is a great craft for decorating the house for any occasion without spending a whole lot of money. You can even make a few baskets of glitter pine cone decor for around the house.
I hope that gathering, decorating, and displaying your pine cone glitter is an enjoyable craft for you to take part in.