Fortune cookie crafts are really neat to create, as you can make a small felt cookie with your own handwritten message inside. You can write a mixture of messages or make it in a theme (such as love messages for Valentine’s Day).
Taking part in fortune cookie craft will take a little patience. In addition, you will need to be careful with this craft, as it takes a bit of cutting, writing, and gluing. But that does not mean it will not be a fun craft as well.
Here are the materials and directions for anyone who is interested in doing the fortune cookie craft. If it is a child doing this craft, then some of these steps may require the help of an adult.
Tan colored felt.
Glue (either glue sticks, regular bottled glue, or a hot glue gun).
1. Using the ruler and scissors, cut the paper out into thin strips, to fit inside the fortune cookie. This can be about 3 inches by half of an inch, or you can look at a real fortune cookie to see. You can also use your own judgment to see how big or small the paper should be. You can always re-write another one if you discover that it does not fit.
2. Write out your fortune cookie messages. Write in print and very neatly. They can be anything you want, from predicting something good happening to telling someone they are a good friends. You can also add “lucky numbers” or quotes to it as well.
3. Place the messages on the side out of the way until you need them again, but in a safe spot.
4. Take your felt and draw a cross in the center of it, with the lines being 4 inches (use the ruler to measure out the lines as you draw).
5. Draw a circle around your cross by using arched lines to connect the ends of the cross.
6. Take the scissors and cut out the now drawn circle.
7. Take the felt circle and fold it in half. Make sure the pen marks are on the inside of the cookie, so that they do not show.
8. Use the glue (stick, regular, or hot glue gun) to glue the top center pieces of the fortune cookie together. However, be sure you leave atleast 1 inch open, so that you may slip the paper into the cookie.
9. Take the paper with the message on it and slip it into the fortune cookie, leaving a little bit of it sticking out. This way it can easily be pulled out of the fortune cookie and read.
10. Carefully bend the fortune cookie in the back center, so that the two ends touch each other. Glue those two ends together and allow for the glue to dry.
Repeat on other fortune cookies as needed. You can buy Chinese boxes in party, craft, or other stores to place the fortune cookie crafts in. Great for gifts, parties, or just for no reason at all.
This fortune cookie craft is going to take a little time and you have to be careful with it, but it is a really neat project to do and the messages can be a lot of fun for your family and friends to read in the end.
I had a little help with some of the steps to this craft. Credit for that help goes to http://familycrafts.about.com.