The Disneyland Resort located in Anaheim, California is one of the most popular places to vacation at! There are many different things to see, rides to ride, characters to meet and even better.. desserts and goodies to eat! So what do you do when you’re pressed for time? What do you do when you’re craving a delicious dessert? Where do you go or where do you turn to?
Being an Annual Pass Holder, I’ve had my share of trying new things. From experience and taste buds, I’ve compiled the top 5 desserts you should definitely try when visiting the Disneyland Resort.
1. Whipped Pineapple Dole Float: This could be found near Frontier Land in front of The Famous Tiki Room. It is a cup of fresh Dole Pineapple Juice. On top of the juice, they swirl a Pineapple sorbet! Its cold and refreshing! The best part? They add a cherry and a cute little umbrella with it. Its reasonably priced under $5! It’s great for a really hot summer day.
2. Apple Pie Caramel Apple: This will be heaven in your mouth! A delicious and crisp green apple dipped in a white cheesecake sauce sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Need I say more? They can be found at any gift shop that has edible goods. These are a little pricey under $8 for one apple but definitely worth the try. The flavor is absolutely dynamic!
3. Strawberry Street Car Sundae: Imagine a warm waffle cone filled with vanilla and strawberry ice cream topped with whipped cream, nuts and strawberry sauce. A typical strawberry sundae with very generous servings! This can be found at the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street USA and is reasonably priced for around $6.
4. Churro: This isn’t your ordinary churro. These are about 2 feet long in length! They are handed to you warm and your first bite leaves you speechless. These can be found pretty much anywhere! They have plenty of “carts” around the park and are reasonably priced at $3.50.
5. Cookies: These cookies can be found in Downtown Disney at Marceline’s Confectionary store. They have an array of cookies from White Chocolate Raspberry, Chocolate Chip to Dark Chocolate Chunk. They are $3 a piece but completely worth it. These aren’t your average cookies! Freshly baked with the outsides kinda-crunchy with a soft center! You can taste each ingredient from the chocolate chips to the nuts.
So there you have it! I usually buy one of these each time I make a trip out to Disneyland but if you’ll be there days in a row on vacation then I recommend trying them all!