Movies and food are important parts of our culture. In fact, movies and food are a delicious combination. In other words movies and food go together like macaroni and cheese or peanut butter and jelly. There are many great movies and many great foods. It is a treat when people view a delicious food movie while eating snacks of popcorn and nachos. I love movies, food, and movies about food. Therefore, here are five mouthwatering movies that you will want to sink your teeth into.
1. Ratatouille proves that dreams can come true. This delicious animated movie tells the story of Remy, a rat whose biggest dream is to become a chef in Paris. This food movie is great because it shows that against all odds dreams do come true. Remy does become a world class chef with the help of Lingini. Remy and Lingini form a friendship through food. Ratatouille is a food movie with heart.
2. Julie and Julia shows Julia Child is a new light. Meryl Streep is great as Julia Child. The whole movie is mouthwatering from start to finish. It inspired me to cook artichokes with garlic butter sauce. I also love the chocolate cake that Julie Powell, played by Amy Adams made from Julia’s groundbreaking cookbook. I got hungry while watching this movie. I would also recommend reading the book of the same name that inspired this movie.
3. Chocolat is a delectable film. This film centered on a woman who comes to a small French town and opens a chocolate shop. The chocolate shop awakens this town in more ways than one. This mouthwatering movie proves that chocolate brings people together. It also illustrates that chocolate is sexy. Johnny Depp and Juliet Binochot have great chemistry. This chemistry could have been enhanced by chocolate. The moral of Chocolat is that chocolate rules.
4. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is a pure delicious fantasy. This chocolate-themed movie is a classic. I loved this movie. Gene Wilder is genius as Willy Wonka. I would love to have a lifetime supply of chocolate and visit the chocolate factory. The soundtrack is great too. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is one of my favorite food movies.
5. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is a yummy remake. Johnny Depp is great as Willy Wonka. He plays Willy Wonka a bit darker than Gene Wilder. This version digs deep into Willy Wonka’s psychological makeup. I don’t like remakes; however, this one is good. Johnny Depp and chocolate are sexy.
Movies and food are a part of our culture. Movies and food go great together. In fact, movies and food are two of my passions. Therefore, I wrote about five of my favorite food movies. I wish people good eating and good viewing. Source: None