Spring has sprung and summer is on the horizon. Our bodies have consumed more than enough holiday treats and because of really cold conditions in Papillion, Nebraska a lot of people have had to stay indoors. But now that the weather is nice people can shed the sweats and head to a fitness class.
Here are 7 fabulous ways to get the pounds off living in Papillion, Nebraska.
1. Sculpting and Toning- This class helps work the abs including a total body stretch. If you want to sculpt all of your muscles you’re in luck because in the “Sculpt and Tone” class you’ll utilize equipment like resistance tubes, stability and medicine balls, body bars, and hand weights. While some fitness classes only work on certain areas; this class will help you work every area of your body and with dedication you’ll get great results. This class meets on Mondays from 9:00 am to 10:00 am and on Tuesdays from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
2. Core Strength and Flexibility-This class teaches you flexibility and balance using Yoga and Pilate’s movements. Your core will be strengthened while using many types of exercise equipment. This equipment is designed to increase strength in your core (abs) and back muscles. “The Core Strength and Flexibility” class takes place on Tuesday mornings from 9:00 am to 10:00am.
3. Step Combinations-This class is a cardio/aerobic class which range from beginner to advanced. You will use combos of step and patterns, a total body stretch, and abdominal work. The “Step Combinations” class is offered on Wednesday mornings from 9:00 am to 10:00 am.
4. Yoga-It seems like Yoga is being done more and more these days and although I’ve never taken this class people say it works wonders because it helps you to be calm and have a quit mind; which many people need. In this class you will practice balance by using standing and balancing poses which is said to decrease stress. “Yoga” classes are held on Wednesdays from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
5. Cardio Circuits and Intervals-This class offers a lot of different things such as aerobics, ab work, step work, cardio, and interval circuits. The class will get your heart rate up and can benefit both beginners and advanced participants. Classes take place on Thursdays from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
6. Cardio Sculpt- The “Cardio Sculpt” class works the abs and since it’s cardio-based it will also increase lean muscles while burning fat. Different types of exercise equipment are used and have both high and low impact intervals. Classes are on Thursday mornings from 9:00 am to 10:00 am.
7. Eclectic Yoga- This class is much like the regular Yoga class but it also teaches flexibility, toning, and balance. Plus it will help you to connect postures and there are both beginning and intermediate level classes. “Eclectic Yoga” is taught on Mondays from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
The fees for these classes are $60.00 for a 6 week unlimited card and $40.00 for a 10 class punch card. If purchased in July 2010 all cards are 20% off. Ages 16 years and up are welcome to participate.
The location of the classes is 1100 West Lincoln Street in Papillion; at the Recreation Activity Center.
For more information call 402-597-2041 or after 5:00 pm call 402-597-2061.