Healthcare.gov is a website established by the U.S. federal government to assist U.S. citizens in obtaining health care. The website is colorful and has an intuitive, user-friendly layout for those who are looking for health care insurance. Healthcare.gov is overseen by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and offers a wealth of information for U.S. citizens seeking info on health care and the Affordable Healthcare Act.
Overview of Information Presented at the Healthcare.Gov Website
• Health care prevention tips and information is found at the Healthcare.gov website.
• Facts and comparisons regarding numerous public health care programs are available at Healthcare.gov. The website has the capacity for people to enter in their personal characteristics and living location to determine which specific insurance programs are available in their locations.
• Explanation of the Affordable Care Act President Obama passed in March of 2010 can be found. Even a video is included to help site visitors understand the Affordable Healthcare Act and learn about how it will apply to them.
• Information for those seeking the highest performing hospital in their communities can be obtained. From Healthcare.gov, a link to compare the various hospitals nearby, based on zip code, is available. One can actually check out percentages and various graphs regarding how well the hospitals were rated by patients.
• Health care information for U.S. citizens is presented in the following categories for easy access: families with children, individuals, people with disabilities, seniors, young adults, and employers. Using such categories assists website visitors in locating specific information quickly.
News Updates regarding U.S. Health Care and the Affordable Healthcare Act
An important aspect of the Healthcare.gov website is the News Releases section. In this section, website visitors will find recent updates regarding Obama’s healthcare plan as well as health care-related news from throughout the U.S. Relevant webcasts and videos are included for those who prefer health care info and news in audio or video format. The most helpful information in the News Releases/Newsroom section, however, is the Fact Sheets that address various aspects of the Affordable Healthcare Act.
The Affordable Healthcare Act is segmented into several sections. Some parts of the Affordable Healthcare Act are currently effective while others will be enacted over the next several years. Checking the Healthcare.gov website assures people can stay up to date with the Affordable Healthcare Act’s latest enactments.