Father’s Day is coming up very shortly! Are you a spouse, relative, or friend who is trying to decide what Daddy’s children can get for him? Have you thought about a homemade gift? Parents love it when children make something for them with their own two little hands, and children love to create something special for their parents.
One popular homemade gift is the “Father’s Day Coupon Book” (they can also make coupon books for other occasions as well). This coupon book will include various rewards and tasks for Dad to cash in whenever he would like. This can be something easy for the children to do for their Daddy, but something that Dad will enjoy.
Here are a few coupon ideas for the “Father’s Day Coupon Book”.
Tasks To Perform (May need the help of another adult).
1. Setting The Table: This coupon says that the children will help to set the table before a meal.
2. Clearing The Table: This coupon says that the children will help to clear the table after a meal.
3. Making Daddy A Meal: Children will make Daddy a meal, which can include a sandwich, snacks, and a drink (keep the meal easy for children to make).
Helping Out Daddy (this one may be easier if the children are smaller, as Daddy can still help them out).
1. Helping With The Dishes: Children will help Daddy do the dishes.
2. Helping With The Garbage: Children will help Daddy take out the garbage.
3. Helping Daddy Clean: Children will help Daddy clean the house, a room, garage, etc.
4. Helping To Wash The Car: Children will help Daddy to wash the car.
5. Helping To Cook Dinner: Children will help Daddy cook dinner.
6. Helping In The Yard: Children will help Daddy in the yard (garden, raking leaves, etc.).
Rewards For Daddy (may vary per hobby).
1. One Hour Of Television Coupon.
2. Gone Fishing Coupon.
3. Working On The Car Coupon.
4. Daddy Can Pick The Meal Coupon.
5. Freebie Coupon: Can Be Used For Anything (within reason of course).
What your children include in the coupon book will vary per family, but these are just a few coupon ideas to consider.
Once you and the children figure out what kind of coupons you want to use, you can now help the children make the coupon book. However you do it, be sure to keep the coupons on one-sided, not front to back (meaning, do not draw the coupon and then turn it over and draw another). This will make it easier for Daddy to cash them in.
White or lightly colored paper.
Optional: memo pad or sticky note pad.
Crayons or colored pencils.
1. Cut the paper into the size of a coupon (or a little bigger, but keep them the same size if possible).
2. Once all of the paper is cut out, let the children draw and write on the coupons. Help them out if need be.
3. Piece the paper together in a little book and staple the top or side corners together (depending on how you want the book to look, long or short in size).
Directions If You Are Using A Memo or Sticky Note Pad:
1. Help the children draw, color, and write on each paper in the pad.
2. When turning the pages, be sure to be careful, so that way they do not tear out.
There you have it. Various Father’s Day Coupon Book ideas and two different ways to create them. You and the children may come up with your own or draw inspiration from these ideas. But this can be a big help if you do not know what to put in the coupon book or how to create it. It is easy to create, and a lot of fun for the children to make and Dad to receive.
Have fun creating this adorable coupon book for Daddy, and have a wonderful Father’s Day with Daddy!