These laws were found on www.dumblaws.com whether or not they have changed or been abolished is not of my knowledge unless stated other wise on the website.
1. The land of 10,000 lakes declares mosquitoes a public nuisance. (full text here)
2. It is illegal to stand around any building without a good reason to be there. (full text here)
Lines from the movie, ‘Dennis the Menace’ starring Christopher Lloyd:
Chief of Police: I don’t believe I’ve seen you around here before.
Switchblade Sam: Maybe that’s ’cause I ain’t never been around here.
Chief of Police: What are you up to, buddy?
Switchblade Sam: What’s it to ya?
Chief of Police: Now look, I run a nice clean town here, and I don’t want any trouble. So, my advice to you is just follow the sun on out of here.
Switchblade Sam: The only reason I ain’t moving on is ’cause you stopped to give me the breeze.
3. It is illegal to sleep naked.
I have several remarks for this. None I wish to share.
4. Residents of even numbered addresses may not water their plants on odd-numbered days excluding the thirty first day where it applies. (full text and reason here)
Isn’t there a similar law in Mexico where depending on the last number on your car’s license plate that determines what day of the month you can drive that car?
5. Driving a truck with dirty tires is considered a public nuisance. (full text here)
Two words that our kids are likely to write o the back of your vehicle, “Wash Me!”
6. It is illegal to teach others what polygamy is. (full text here)
Okay, I mean this next remark with respect, what’s Mormon?
7. Private citizens may personally arrest any person that disturbs a church service. (full text here)
I hope babies aren’t arrested for crying.
8. Vagrancy is punishable by either 30 days in prison or a $250 fine. (full text here)
If this is true, how are you supposed to pay the fine if you can’t support yourself? I’d watch out for those traveling through Mississippi to get the the next state on foot looking for work. Also, I hope this law isn’t carried out on a regular basis.
9. Exterior burglar bars which are viewable from the street are not allowed. (full text here)
I really don’t know what to say other than that this law is odd.
10. It is unlawful to shave in the center of main street.
In your car as well?
These laws and a few other can be found on www.dumblaws.com There aren’t many for either state.