First, I would like to apologize to my readers. I am sorry for not being active about the rest of this series. Unfortunately my computer crashed and I had to recover it. Though I lost all my pictures, music, and the other articles that I had been working on as well as personal settings. On top of that, I have been very sick.
One with the show.
These laws were found on www.dumblaw.com whether they have changed or been abolished is not of my current knowledge.
1. A woman isn’t allowed to cut her own hair without her husband’s permission.
What if they were to be single? Do they have to ask their dad? And what if he or any other male in her fathers or husbands side of the family isn’t living?. does this mean she isn’t allowed to cut her hair at all?
2. It is legal for a robber to file a law suit, if he or she got hurt in your house.
Lines from the movie Liar,Liar starring Jim Carrey:
Greta: Mr. Reede, several years ago a friend of mine had a burglar on her roof, a burglar. He fell through the kitchen skylight, landed on a cutting board, on a butcher’s knife, cutting his leg. The burglar sued my friend, he sued my friend. And because of guys like you *he won*. My friend had to pay the burglar $6,000. Is that justice?
[Greta looks pleased, but then Fletcher continues]
Fletcher: I’d have got him ten.
[Greta stalks off, appalled]
3. You may not swear in front of women and children. (Repealed, 2002) (reason and full text here)
I don’t mind this law actually. It would make men act more mature and respectful. I don’t want my kids taking that kind of language to school.
4. Any person over the age of 12 may have a license for a handgun as long as he/she has not been convicted of a felony.
Don’t tell your kids. We already have enough rpoblems with shootings and the like at schools.
5. There is a law that makes it legal for a farmer to sleep with his pigs, cows, horses, goats, and chickens.
That sounds very wrong. I hope it’s just sleeping and not “sleeping”.
6. Security guards at Joe Louis Arena will confiscate any item they feel might be thrown onto the ice. (reason here)
UH? I don’t know what to say to that.
7. Willfully destroying your old radio is prohibited.
Antique restoration servies thrive on items such as these.
8. No person shall throw an abandoned hoop skirt into any street or on any sidewalk, under penalty of a five- dollar fine for each offense.
Watch it, some woman is trying run off without anyone seeing her.
9. It is illegal to paint sparrows to sell them as parakeets.
Lines from the movie Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl starring Johnny Depp:
Mr. Gibbs: He’s a mute, sir. Poor devil had his tongue cut out, so he trained the parrot to talk for him. No one’s yet figured how.
Jack Sparrow: Mr. Cotton’s… parrot. Same question.
Parrot: [squawk] Wind in the sails. Wind in the sails.
Mr. Gibbs: Mostly, we figure, that means ‘yes.’
10. Smoking while in bed is illegal.
This one makes me laugh.
These laws and other can be found at www.dumblaws.com Get back to enjoying yourselves reading them.