We all are looking for ways in which we can burn calories throughout the day. Yes, we know exercising is the best way to burn those calories. However, there are just some days in which we can’t find the time to exercise and then there are days we would like to continue burning calories long after our exercise session is finished. This is when these small, yet, useful tips can come in handy. They can help us continue our quest of burning calories in a simple and doable way.
• Make sure you are taking your vitamin D. You probably all ready know that you should be taking this vitamin daily to help keep your bones strong. However, did you also know that people, especially women, who weren’t getting their daily supply of vitamin D wasn’t burning as fat as quickly as those women who were getting an adequate supply of vitamin D, each and every day?
• Enjoy your caffeine. Yes, caffeine can actually increase the rate that you burn calories. This is why it is generally found in most diet pills.
• Make sure you get between seven to eight hours of sleep each night. Your metabolism can slow down if you aren’t getting enough sleep.
• Turn off the dishwasher. Yes, many every day cleaning tasks such as washing dishes can help you burn calories.
• Learn to garden. Gardening can be as tasking as real exercise. Yet, you have the added benefit of getting to enjoy some beautiful flowers. Think about all the bending and pulling you can do in one good gardening session.
• Walk 10,000 steps a day. Purchase a pedometer and calculate how much you walk on a normal day. Experts say that we all should walk on average 10,000 steps a day.
• Watch a comedy show or spend time with a funny friend. You can burn up to fifty calories by laughing for about ten minutes.
• Make excuses to get up from your chair. Even if you have a job where you have to sit at a desk, try to find an excuse as to why you need to get up every hour or so and move around. This can help you burn some calories and help your body from becoming so stiff.
• Skip those elevators and take the long way to your desk or bathroom. These little tricks can help you add a few more steps and help you burn a few more calories each and every day.
• Take your dog or child for a walk each and every day. It is a good bonding experience, a great way to enjoy the great outdoors and a great way to burn some calories.
• Pace when you talk on the phone. Use a cordless phone and when you can pace around when you are talking on the phone. This is a perfect way to make all those personal calls from home.
• Chew sugarless gum. You will burn a few calories and you will keep your mouth busy. Many people will use this trick to keep from snacking or to keep from tasting the foods they are preparing while cooking.
• Cook more. You will burn a few calories while you are cooking and cleaning up after the meal. Plus, you will probably end up with a healthier meal.
• Don’t eat at your desk or in front of the television set. Always try to eat at a real table and when you can, with other people.
No, you won’t burn a drastic amount of weight from these tips in one day or even in one week. However, if you keep following these, along with a sensible eating plan, you will begin to burn a steady amount of calories over time. This will mean that you will slowly begin to lose weight.