These 9 tips for decorating a Hawaiian luau party inexpensively will guarantee that your party is a blast. Many people assume throwing a Hawaiian luau party is a piece of cake, but you must be prepared in order for it to be really fun. This article will provide you with 9 tips for decorating a Hawaiian luau party inexpensively.
1. Lights are essential for a Hawaiian luau party, and you can be them inexpensively after Christmas or online. Long strands of lights can be hung, draped, or wrapped around all areas of your house for inexpensive and easy décor.
2. Flowers are another must have for a Hawaiian luau party, and they are easy to make. All you need is tissue paper, scissors, and green pipe cleaners. Simply cut circles out of the tissue paper, layer them together and pinch the middles. Wrap the pinched part with the pipe cleaner for a stem and decorate all over your home with these flowers.
3. Tropical fruit doubles as food and decoration. Star fruit, pineapples, guavas, mangoes, and kiwis are delicious and festive.
4. Bright colored tablecloths, napkins, and crepe paper can be purchased inexpensively and easily at local dollar stores.
5. Stuffed parrots are also great additions to your Hawaiian luau party decorations. You can find these at yard sales, thrift stores, local dollar stores, and toy stores inexpensively. Place these Hawaiian luau decorations sporadically around your house to add interest to your decorations.
6. Palm trees are always great decorations for a Hawaiian luau party, and you can make them easily using household items. Long cardboard tubes from wrapping paper make a great tree trunk for a palm tree. Green construction paper can be cut into leaves and glues to the top of the trunk. Styrofoam balls can be painted brown to look like coconuts and added to your Hawaiian decoration.
7. Adding grass skirts to tables and counters is a fun tip for decorating your Hawaiian luau party. For this all you will need is green tissue paper, scissors, and tape. Simply lay the tissue paper our flat. Use the scissors to cut long slits into the tissue paper. Tape it the edge of the table so it is hanging down nicely. You can add some flowers around the edge as well.
8. Making a centerpiece for your Hawaiian luau party is easy and fun to make. All you will need is some tropical fruit, tissue paper flowers, a bowl, and some miniature umbrellas. Arrange all of fruit in the bowl. Then place the umbrellas and flowers in the spaces in between the fruit. This simple Hawaiian luau decoration is fun and can be useful as well.
9. A great decorating tip for outside the luau party is how to make homemade can lanterns. For this decorating idea you will need tin cans, a nail, a hammer, and candles. Simply use the nail and hammer to punch several holes in the sides of the cans and place candles in them. Place the lanterns along the path to your party for inexpensive and festive decorating.
These tips for decorating your Hawaiian Luau party will make your party fun and festive.