Making great reality television is a dangerous game! Yes, you want people who bring some drama, or are a bit off their rocker. However, some of the ladies take both to an extreme. It’s hard to watch someone who is literally insane. That said, the others who make this list are either impossible to like, or just kind of boring. You have to have a big personality to stick out on this show! Let’s look at the ladies who Bravo should give the axe.
(1) Dina Manzo: (Real Housewives of New Jersey) She is the housewife that really wasn’t. She’s been on the show, but her husband refused to be video taped. There is rumors that their marriage is a sham in the first place. Her daughter was on the first season, and was delightful, but she wasn’t on this year. She refuses to tell us the details of what happened off camera that upset her, so we have no idea why we should agree with her on anything. Her cat is terrifying, and she’s never brought anything to the show. Therefore, I don’t know anyone who cared at all when she announced this week that she was leaving the show.
(2) LuAnn de Lesseps: (Real Housewives of New York) LuAnn is a nice enough woman. However, she is constantly going on and on about manners and class, and now she’s even singing about it. Perhaps, it is because I’m a voice teacher, but terrible singing does not make good television for me. I feel like LuAnn comes across a little uncomfortable on camera and personally doesn’t bring a lot to the show. She was definitely the only confidante of Jill Zarin this season, but that’s still a supporting role. Now that she is single and ready to mingle, hopefully we’ll see more of her dream boyfriend.
(3) Lynne Curtin: (Real Housewives of Orange County) Her and her frozen face have made me sad since we met her. She always comes across a little lost and one step behind. Her husband is a bumbling guy, who tries to give his wife and his daughters everything they delusion-ally think they need, like massive amounts of plastic surgery. They have no control over their daughters and have lost control of their finances. While, this is a good life lesson for all of us, I don’t watch the Real Housewives of Orange County to learn about accounting. Though, between Lynne and Tamra it’s not a bad idea to take notes on what not to do.
(4) Sheree Whitfield: (Real Housewives of Atlanta) Here is where the being like-able comes in. I’m all for the drama, but on the show Sheree comes off extremely cold and sometimes plain hateful. Many women in all the cities can be huge jerks, but they have redeemable qualities and a sense of humor too. Sheree just seems to be lacking both of these. It’s hard as an audience member to feel like you wouldn’t mind running into her at the bar and having a drink together. I think if I saw her I’d be afraid she would say something rude to me and I’d have to run to the bathroom and cry.
(5) Danielle Staub: (Real Housewives of New Jersey) Insanity is not an admirable quality. You would think Danielle could take the crown for most off her rocker housewife, but then you probably missed this season of Real Housewives of New York if you honestly believe that. She’s two parts paranoid, one part delusional, and last part fighter. I can respect her having a sordid past and being a fighter. I can even get past the lying, as it’s been proven that a couple other ladies on the show haven’t been telling the whole truth. What I can’t take is her poor daughters having to put up with all of it and try to give her advice on how not to be a lunatic.
(6) Alexis Bellino: (Real Housewives of Orange County) There’s mentally ill, and then there’s extremely religious people, who sometimes seem just as nuts. I mean no disrespect, we should all be able to worship however we see fit, with whatever religion we believe in. However, these people get on my nerves. They constantly discuss their religion and their family and how a married life should be. They can’t be apart from each other, Alexis is convinced all these women are attracted to her ugly husband, and they have multiple nannies for their three children. They don’t even go to a friends house without a nanny. She doesn’t work either, she just has to make sure she takes care of herself at spas, gyms, hair salons, and plastic surgeons.
(7) Kim Zolciak: (Real Housewives of Atlanta) I like Kim, but I do think that she has some issues with pathological lying and delusions. The thing that sets her apart from the other loonier folks on this list, is that you kind of want to help Kim. Perhaps, you want to help her to the nearest psychologist, but help her nonetheless. She wears wigs because of a mystery ailment that could have been cancer, kind of was, but then it wasn’t and that’s exactly what happened. Huh? She also has a highly public relationship with a married man that she has worn like a badge of honor, which I find very disturbing. Not to mention, she has also tried to sing.
(8) Kelly Killoren Bensimon: (Real Housewives of New York) I have many people in my family who have various mental disorders, and Ms. Bensimon is positively brimming with self delusion. She’s up, she’s down, she makes not sense, she re-writes history. She badgers and attacks, but in her mind she’s the one being bullied. She is strangely obsessed with Bethenny who doesn’t care that she even exists. She is positively insane. I can’t tell if she has a personality disorder, or if she’s just an un-medicated bi-polar, which can show itself as a personality disorder. I don’t want to watch this woman on my television, but can’t help but gape, because it is truly like a bad car wreck. Someone get her some help now!