You are only reading this because you are bored. You want to find a way to stop the boring from getting you to read articles on what former President George W. Bush once famously called “the internets” about ways to end the boredom. Many activities exist that you can try right now-this very minute-that will end the dullards that have enveloped you in a never-ending miasma of boredom. The first way to get past your boredom? Continue reading this extraordinarily insightful article.
1. Go out and do your Christmas shopping. Whether you are reading this in the middle of December or the middle of June, today is a perfect day to get your Christmas shopping done as well as end your boredom. Six months away from Christmas, this method of putting clamps on boredom means you can get some really great deals because retail stores aren’t hiking Xmas prices. If it’s December, this is a perfect night to get away from boredom by heading out and hearing the Christmas songs and getting into the holiday spirit and maybe even living out that little story detailed in The Waitresses’ “Christmas Wrapping” song.
2. Cook dinner for your husband or boyfriend or girlfriend and surprise him/her by taking your seat wearing nothing but a string pearls, lipstick and high heels. If this doesn’t end the boredom, it may be time to trade up. If you are guy, just forget the lipstick and high heels and instead maybe wear a vest and watch.
3. Rearrange the furniture. The reason you may be bored out of your skull is because your home is not inspiring you. Routines and habits can be healthy things to psychological states of mind, but ruts are guaranteed to sink you into the doldrums. Change around the room and take a chance on arranging things in a wacky or whimsical way. A little bit of startling can really pump your juices toward trying a more important lifestyle change.
4. Go out to a nightclub that you’ve never been to before and speak to people in a foreign accent. Create an entire persona for yourself, including a new name and job and dreams and past. Defeat boredom by kicking it in right in his fellas and laughing like a schoolgirl as you head off for a night unlike any you’ve ever spent before.
5. Head out into your neighborhood and find a house with a pool where nobody is home. Strip off your clothes and go skinny-dipping. If you are really up for a night of surprises, pick a pool where you know some cool people live and go skinny dipping until they realize somebody is using their pool without permission.
6. Call up your boss from a number he/she won’t recognize and tell him/her off by disguising your voice. Let your boss know exactly what it is about the job or him/her personally that really ticks you and your co-workers off.
7. Go to a lingerie store and promise yourself not to leave until you have bought something you would never have even dreamed of buying before. Give yourself a minimum purchase amount like $100 and don’t leave until you have exceeded that minimum amount. This is one way to put an end to a boring night while also making sure that a future evening is not even going to get boring.