Summer is on its way, and quite often, it brings fashion disasters along with it. This happens to almost everyone at some point – you get dressed and you think you look good – until you step outside and people start fixing you with odd stares. Although this effects both men and women, today I’m going to focus on the fashion mistakes that men make. Here is my guide to seven things men should never wear.
1. Socks with sandals – This is the ultimate fashion sin. What is the point in wearing sandals, which are designed to let your feet breathe, if you’re going to ruin it by wearing socks? On top of that, it looks ridiculous and even if you dress like this in your own town, it makes you look like a tourist. Of all the things men should never wear, socks with sandals is number one.
2. Hawaiian Shirts – This fashion mistake does come with a slight get out clause. If you’re in Hawaii, it’s fine. But on the streets of the UK, or really any time you’re not on a beach, this is not a good look. The people wearing these shirts seem to forget that it is others who are getting blinded by the brightness when they have to look at them.
3. Excessive jewellery – Excessive jewellery is third on my list of things men should never wear, because a man who is dripping in jewellery is one of the most unattractive things ever. I don’t mean a chain and a ring, I’m talking men who dress like a bad rapper with loads of gold hanging round their neck and enormous chunky rings. It’s not sexy, please don’t do it.
4. Skinny jeans – Number four on the list of things men should never wear is skinny jeans. There are many reasons for this, the biggest being that they are too tight. It is not attractive to show the outline of what is inside the jeans, if you know what I mean, and I’m sure you do!
5. Bum bags/fanny packs – To be fair, nobody should ever wear these, but it’s definitely one of the things men should never wear. I understand that they are practical, especially as (most) men don’t carry a handbag/purse, but they don’t look good. Instead, purchase a decent pair of trousers with pockets. Much better.
6. Vests – Unless you are over the age of sixty, vests are not okay. Especially white ones. If you must wear one, never leave the house while wearing it. It gives off a weird vibe that you are either really over confident or that you should be at home sleeping on the sofa.
7. Denim shorts, or any shorts that are too short – The final thing on my list of things men should never wear are denim/short shorts. Much like skinny jeans, short shorts are a little bit on the revealing side. A long pair of hairy legs protruding from denim shorts looks strange. And if you’re a man who waxes your legs, unless you are a swimmer or a wrestler, that is a whole other kind of wrong.
As you can see there is quite a long list of things men should never wear and if given more time, I could probably add a few more. These are the worst offenders though, so take note boys, and don’t commit these fashion sins!