Many women are on the go these days. It doesn’t matter if you’re a full time working woman or a stay at home mom, being busy can leave little room for beautifying oneself. As a makeup artist for over 15 years, here are five tips that can leave a lasting mark and only takes less than 60 seconds. It also doesn’t have to cost a fortune to look fabulous.
1. Get a Mascara with a Wand. Yep. That’s right. A wand is better than a brush regardless of formula. It separates your lashes giving width and length and it will last all day long. Try Rimmel’s Lash Maxxx. The wand will keep the mascara from clumping when applying on your lashes. For best results, remember to brush lightly on top of the lash and then brush under and up. When mascara is applied on both sides of the lash, the results are better.
2. Lip Stain. Lip stains last longer than lipstick and it doesn’t have that makeup taste. I recommend Cover Girl’s Outlast Lip Stain in a variety of colors for around $8. It does give a matte look so be sure to apply a shiny lip gloss such as C.O. Bigelow lip products at Bath and Body. You can purchase a clear gloss with peppermint flavor. This gloss also comes in light, sheer tints if you chose to add more color to your lips. I have about three of these lip glosses. I keep one in the car, one in my purse, and one in my bathroom. I love the moisturizing feel, high gloss, and a touch of minty flavor that gives a cooling sensation when applied.
If you are planning on visiting a beach, the stain will not wash off. For those who are active in the sun, remember to use an SPF chap-stick or gloss as lips are not immuned from the sun’s rays. Try True Blue Spa Chapstick with 45 SPF.
3. Eyeliner. This is wear I will splurge. Eyeliner application is so close to the secretions of the eye lining that it is worth the money to buy a stay proof one. I use Chanel for bridal makeup. This product line keeps the liner from sticking even during a good cry. The brand is Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-lasting Eyeliner and can be purchased at Bloomingdales or Nordstrom stores. The price is around $28.00.
4. Eyeshadow. Most people are intimidated by eyeshadow. If you have the time I recommend a shimmery product line from Mac however, for those on the go, applying eyeshadow can be time consuming. Good thing Covergirl came out with the Blast Collection. It is truly ingenious. The shadow stick comes with two applicators with two complimentary colors. It is very easy to apply, just flow step 1 then step 2 as indicated on the stick. The results are a smoky eye appearance. It looks like you spend a long time in front of the mirror but in reality, it will take less than a minute to leave a huge eye dropping impact.
5. Blush and Bronzer. Two in one is a great way to go when you are the run. If you don’t want the bronzer, simply use only half of the compact. Use the whole compact for a sun-kissed, natural-looking finish. The bronzer does not make your skin look orange but instead, adds warmth and depth for a natural glow. Physicians Formula makes a great 2-in-1 Bronzer and Blush. The best part, it is completely organic and easy on the most sensitive skin types. You can purchase this line at any drugstore for about $13.95.