Some business owners get a little nervous about expanding their business because they are use to solely handling a certain amount of work or projects comfortably. When they think about expanding, it puts them in panic mode because they believe that they will have to juggle many projects, and thus decrease the quality of services provided. In contrast, there are some ways to effectively “step up your game” without loosing your sanity, or quality of services offered.
By using these 5 steps, it is possible to have a thriving and successful home-based business without juggling everything yourself.
1. Hire an assistant. You can hire an assistant who can aid you in completing daily task, while you tackle the more important issues. As you are focused on taking your business to the next level, your assistant can answer phones, take messages, do some filing, or even light bookkeeping. Also, it is an especially good idea if you hire a individual who is interested in excelling in your industry. They can play a vital role in bringing-in a new and fresh perspective on things as you continue to grow your business.
2. Explore brand new ways to increase sales to your existing customers. It is much easier to sell to your existing customers than sell to prospects. Your existing customers are already comfortable with you and the services or products that you provide. Therefore, it is not such a “far leap” to sell to them additional products or services that can be of equal value. Furthermore, you are achieving the most important goals in that you are growing your home-based business, and you don’t feel a lot of pressure in juggling more clients.
3. Begin a marketing campaign with other businesses who will help you promote your business. There are a many ways that businesses will help you promote your products or services. Many businesses within similar industries will assist you in generating sales because it compliments there business and adds value to their clients.For instance, if you provide pet grooming services, you can partner with a veterinarians office. You can allow their customers to receive a $10 coupon for pet grooming services. In essence, this allows for immediate results without loosing your mind in going door-to-door yourself.
*Tip: Research internet marketing sites that will allow you free access to thousands of businesses who will grant you the ability to market your company on their website. In turn, you must also allow them the ability to market on your website. For the full article, please visit 7 Ways to Use Internet Marketing While on a Shoestring Budget.
4. Use the internet to market for you. The internet is one of our most powerful tools today. There are infinite ways to get exposure to your business, especially if your marketing campaign goes viral. By sending interesting and creative newsletters and emails, you are able reach a broader audience than what you would normally do offline. In addition, you don’t have to spend a lot of time and money to be effective. You can use standard templates and automatic delivery systems to save both on time and money. For more information, you can read Expanding Your Marketing Efforts by Using 3 Online Advertising Methods.
5. Focus on one product at a time. If you focus on one product initially, you can be more effective in promoting, selling, and creating awareness of your brand. It is far more risky to take all of your products and haphazardly try to market and sell them all. However, if you begin by focusing and pinpointing one of your best selling products, you can eventually introduce your other products at a later date. Surely, you can then get creative and offer your other products as a complementary gift in order to create awareness. However, you should initially begin by focusing on one product only.