Let’s face it; the average person has many stressful days; and some have more than others. Maybe it’s because of work, kids, school, or unexpected things that were thrown onto our calendar. Regardless of the reason; we all need to relax.
Some women go to a spa, while men may head to the gym but the cost incurred for these activities can be quite expensive and over time you will see how much it can wither away your paycheck.
But it doesn’t have to be that way; here are 5 things that you can do to de-stress without having to spend money.
1. When women need to relax they sometimes want a little “girl time.” Actually I believe that both sexes need to set aside some time for their friends; but in my opinion, with women it’s more common. Grabbing a bite to eat is usually on the list of things to do. So instead of spending money on going out for an expensive meal, plan a picnic in the park. This is a great idea for those that have kids who can also enjoy the outdoors and for those who don’t they can still make a PB&J and head to their favorite grassy area.
2. For the movie go-er, seeing the latest film on the big screen is pretty entertaining and there’s nothing like seeing your favorite actor star in a new role. However the average trip to the theater, including snacks is about $20.00, if not more per person. A great alternative is heading to the library. Many movies are based off of books anyway so instead of putting a dent in your wallet, check out a book that either didn’t hit the theater or one that did but you didn’t get the opportunity to see. Besides, most people say the books are always better than the film.
3. Summertime brings many opportunities to spend time outdoors. But there are days when the heat is unbearable. So instead of staying within the 4 walls of your house go to an art museum. Depending on the city you live in some museums offer free admission days and group or military rates. Spending a day inside and enjoying fine art exhibits is a great way to beat the heat.
4. For those that like to get or stay fit there are gyms where they can go to work out. Getting healthy should be a priority for everyone, but the membership fees are quite costly and you may not always be able to get there so you can’t get the most out of your money. So again be thrifty, call a friend to play basketball, handball, or you can even recruit several friends to play a football game.
5. The last and my most favorite thing to do to de-stress is spending a few hours at church. There is nothing like praising God and hearing a good sermon. Not only is it a good way to de-stress but you will also feed your spirit.
So there you have it; 5 ways to de-stress after a long week or hectic day. We should all take care of ourselves and eliminating stress is a great way to do that. If you can find activities that are inexpensive or free it’s even better and you’ll reach your goal to a happier and healthier you.