The 2010 Football Season is quickly approaching and it is almost time to draft your fantasy football team. Here are projected top quarterbacks for the 2010-2011 season.
1. Aaron Rodgers: Since Brett Favre left the Green Bay Packers two years ago, Aaron Rodgers has taken the reigns of the Packers powerhouse passing game. Even though he was sacked over 40 times last year, he threw for 30 touchdowns and 4,400 yards with only 7 interceptions. Rodgers also had 300 rushing yards and 5 touchdowns. With an improved offensive line and the same receiver corps, Rodgers should have a similar year.
2. Drew Brees: Drew Brees had a phenomenal year last year, leading the New Orleans Saints to a Superbowl Victory. With a similar team, this year he should be the #2 quarterback for fantasy football.
3. Peyton Manning: For the first time in a few years, Manning is not one of the top two quarterbacks. This isn’t because he is expected to do bad this year, it more so that the two ahead of them have exceeded expectations and have proven to be elite quarterbacks with young teams that can only get better. This year we can expect another 4,000+ yard performance with 30+ touchdowns.
4. Tom Brady: The New England Patriots have been sliding since Tom Brady injured his knee. This year he should rebound with a healthy team.
5. Matt Schaub: The Houston Texans will be a silent but deadly team this year. They have the Matt Schaub- Andre Johnson connection that is threatening to every cornerback or safety in the league. Schaub threw for over 4,700 yards and 29 touchdowns last year, leading the NFL with passing yards per game. With an improved running game with Ben Tate and Steve Slaton, the air game should open up even more for the Texans.
6. Eli Manning: Eli Manning was inconsistent last year, but still ended up being of the top quarterbacks. This year he should be able to perform well and should have a 4,000 yard+ season with 28 touchdowns.
7. Tony Romo: Romo has a consisten receiving corps and a strong offensive line.
8. Brett Favre: Yes, Brett Favre will most likely be coming back for 2010. His age and his ankle surgery will affect his play just a little bit, but he will still be one of the top quarterbacks.
9. Carson Palmer: With Chad Ochocinco and the addition of Terrell Owens, Carson Palmer will have two great targets. Unfortunately, this will greatly depend on if T.O. and Ochocinco can get along together and be productive.
10. Matt Ryan: Matt Ryan has great tools at his disposal. Roddy White should be able to step up his game this year and prove to be a great target for the young quarterback.
11. Joe Flacco
12. Donovan McNabb
13. Kevin Kolb
14. Vince Young
15. Jay Cutler
16. Matt Leinart
17. Matthew Stafford
18. Mark Sanchez
19. Chad Henne
20. Alex Smith
21. Matt Cassel
22. David Garrard
23. Jason Campbell
24. Ben Roethlisberger