Lying and cheating are two obvious unforgivable mistakes men often make. These 15 things are just as bad. In my opinion…men are like dogs…if you leave them untrained they will bark at all hours of the night, poop on your carpet floors and chew up your favorite pair of shoes. ‘Nuff said.
1. Leaving the toilet seat up- We don’t mean to be repetitive with this but, put yourselves in our shoes…you guys can pee sitting down or standing up, WE can only pee while sitting down, which means that when we are running to the toilet doing the potty dance and we find the toilet seat up it takes us three more seconds of potty dancing and cursing whoever left the seat up so we can finally let go.
2. Burping loudly in public- In the privacy of your house there is absolutely nothing wrong with burping loudly, but if you’re with us and in public, be considerate. You wouldn’t want us to do the same to you.
3. Shaving or waxing eyebrows- There’s nothing wrong with fixing up that nasty unibrow. But when a man has eyebrows thinner than mine, he’s either vanity impersonated or gay. I’m actually the kind of girl that find thick eyebrows attractive in men, it sort of shouts “manly”. Thick, not bushy, there’s a difference. That of course doesn’t apply when the hairiness is extreme…body hair in men should be kept trimmed, tamed and sometimes in extreme cases electrolyzed.
4. Smelling like onions and sewer for no reason- We understand that when your mowing the lawn under the sun, or working out, or fixing your car, sweat and stench comes naturally but if you’re just sitting on the couch smelling like funk, you either have dirty and smelly clothes on or you haven’t showered for two whole days…if you like it when we smell nice, same thing goes viceversa…if you know you have a sweat and stench problem, then address it accordingly. Extra strength deodorant, shower twice a day, extra clean smelling cologne…when there’s a will there’s a way.
5. Wearing white socks when dressed with dark pants and dark shoes- Sooo…There’s just one way to put this. If you wear dark colored pants and dark colored shoes, and in between you can see the white socks popping out…that just makes it look as if you were walking in Oreo cookies…sorry, but it’s true.
6. Leaving surprises in the toilet- And we’re back to restroom etiquette. Everybody knows that if you go to a bathroom your either going to pee or poop, we just don’t want to see the evidence hanging around in the toilet for everyone to witness. That is just plain gross and inconsiderate.
7. Unshakeable devotion to football- I will NEVER understand men’s devotion towards football…men knocking themselves out throwing around an elongated ball. Every now and then sports are healthy, but every Sunday and any other day that there’s football on TV…imagine how you would feel if we watched sappy, cheesy and crummy soap operas whenever we had the chance..it would drive you mad…right?
8. Change of attitude when surrounded with male friends- Honey pies…we like who you are. I f we didn’t we wouldn’t be dating you and if you want us to continue dating you, then you have to keep being your charming self at all times. No girl likes to see the dog bark when he sniffs out the rest of the pack.
9. Not saying how you feel about us- We get it. Men are supposed to be tough and heaven forbid they talk about their feelings…but if you want us to know how you feel about us, then you have to say it. Women in general have good intuition, but we are not psychic. I repeat, we are not psychic. Capisce? Which means that when you honestly feel it, you have to tell us how you feel. Be it good or bad, honesty is always better than silence or what you think we would wish to hear. If you don’t tell us, we’ll never know, and worst of all, we’ll come to our own conclusions.
10. Thinking chivalry is dead- It’s really not that hard. Open a door for us every now and then…thoughtfulness goes a long way…
11. Be sensible when it comes to female friends- If you’re the guy with tons of female friends, beware. See, here’s the thing…if guys are like dogs, then girls are like cats. We might say it’s cool and that we don’t give a damn about your female friends, but we will always be silently jealous and vigilant from a safe and stealthy attitude. We might say to you that it’s cool and that we don’t care when you hang out with them, but we will always sleep with one eye open when it comes to those gals. It’s a cat thing. We don’t like competition.
12. Drunken talk, not cool- See…the bad part about drunken stupor is that everyone reacts differently, some men get depressed, some are the lame jokesters of the party, some start crying, some start fighting, and some just let their tongues loose, say everything to everyone and ta-da! They drunk dial you at 4 am talking about flying cows when you’re in la-la land dreaming about Orlando Bloom. That my friends is the very worst kind of drunk, the loose tongue-drunk dialer.
13. “Machismo”is for sissies- We girls like to be thoughtful too every now and then and pay for dinner, or get you a nice gift…and don’t even get me started on when a woman makes a lot more money than the man.
14. Details people!- We don’t ask you to remember everything. But if one meaningless day, you bring us a flower, or some nice yummy chocolate, get us our favorite ice cream or cook a nice meal, we’ll remember forever and will add you ten points automatically.
15. Listen. No, I mean really listen- Yeah…men have less hearing capacity than women, being scientifically proven and everything, but…please try and listen when we talk! Nobody likes to feel ignored when they speak and you certainly wouldn’t like us to totally ignore you when you’re yapping about video games or the latest and coolest car model and all it’s awesome features.
It all comes down to a simple philosophy, treat others how you would like to be treated. If you’re a dude reading this…I hope these tips will help you on your current or future relationships and if you’re a girl reading this, make sure to leave your comments on what else you think it’s unforgivable in men.