15 Things Women Should Never Forgive Men for Doing.
I thought long and hard before taking on this assignment, in part because I did not know if I could come up with 15 things and also because this could be a painful article for me to write. But since I seem to live my life in the public domain, I won’t weenie out now.
1. The first thing that came to my mind was if a man ever hurt any child of mine in anyway, not only would it be a deal breaker, it would be time for a call to the police. I have seen women time after time put some awful man before their poor children because they are so afraid of being alone. That is just total BS. Nothing should be allowed to hurt your babies and that includes some no good scum you are sleeping with.
2. This one should be obvious. If a man is putting his hands on you in any way that is violent, leave. There is NEVER any excuse for that kind of behavior and it is NEVER your fault. Get out and find help. It is there for you. I was married to one of those men for a short period of time. I got out.
3. Substance abuse. If a man has a problem with drugs or alcohol and will not seek help, I would consider this a deal breaker. So often, this problem accompanies violent behavior or inappropriate sexual behavior. He won’t get help. You leave.
4. Serial cheating. I used to think that once you broke the marriage vows then it was over, done, and nothing would change that. I have since learned differently, that a onetime thing, accompanied by a whole bunch of other things wrong in a marriage is not necessarily a deal breaker. Not if you still love each other. However, if he cheats on you every chance he gets, he does not love you, has no respect for you or himself, and if he is not using protection, is putting your health at risk. Dump him.
5. Men lie. I have come to think it is just in their natures. They lie to each other when they are telling their tall tales. They lie to you when they tell you your butt doesn’t look big in that pair of oh so tight jeans. They lie to survive living with us, but if they start sneaking around and lying about things, then you have trouble. I can forgive the ridiculous “Man Lies” as I have come to think of them, but when my gut is telling me he is lying for another reason, it is time to do some checking and find out what he is lying about. If it involves another woman or something illegal, I would think twice about him. The old saying of “Once a cheater, always a cheater” is usually true. I know I sound like I contradicted myself, here, but serial cheating is much different than a onetime thing.
6. Any man who is cruel to animals is one who needs to be shown the door and quickly.
There is something missing in people like that and my fear would be that if he is cruel to a helpless animal, what would he be like near a helpless, crying child? Enough said.
7. Watch how a man treats his mother. If he is rude and inconsiderate to his mother, then he is going to treat you the same way, or worse. Sad, but true.
8. Is he a bully? Does he go through life pushing other people around? If so, steer clear of him, too. He will bully you.
9. This one is probably going to get me in hot water, but any man who says he is bi-sexual…No. He is gay. If you are looking for a future with someone who is still ambivalent about his sexuality then prepare yourself for major heartbreak down the road when he does decide to come out of the closet fully. Gay men make wonderful friends, just not great husbands for us women.
10. A man should respect your privacy. I am not sure if this is a deal breaker or not, but if you are still in the dating stage and he is going through and reading your journals or diaries, then my advice would be to step back and take a second look. There are some trust issues at work here and he needs to work on them.
11. A man should respect your family. All the mother-in-law jokes aside, most of us gals are going to end up looking and acting just like our mothers. If this guy starts out not liking your Mom, how is he going to treat you in a few years? Time to step back and take a second look at this guy.
12. A man should work. There is no excuse for a healthy, able bodied man to sit around on his rear end all day long while his wife or girlfriend works. None!! This kind of lazy attitude seems more and more prevalent in our society today and I cannot understand it for one minute. Why these women even allow these lazy men to sit in their homes is beyond me, but until the women have had enough and insist they get up, get out and get jobs, I guess it will continue.
13. Along these same lines, does he expect you to wait on him hand and foot? Run, run, run. First, he doesn’t work, is living off of you, and he has the nerve to have you wait on him. Hmm, perhaps it isn’t him who has the problem.
14. The other side of the coin-The workaholic. This is the man who puts his job above everything and everyone else. He will miss his kid’s recitals and football games because of work. He will forget anniversaries, birthdays, and other things that you consider very important. To him, they are minor nuisances that interfere with his J O B. If your man is turning into a workaholic, get help now. It makes for a very lonely marriage.
15. Any man who shows the slightest bit of interest in child pornography is to be avoided at all costs. He won’t change, ever. Run; do not walk, as far away from him as you can, especially if you have children. These men target women who have children as sad as that is. You can do nothing for him except report your suspicions to your local law enforcement agency.
As I expected, this was a little more difficult than I thought it would be. But that’s a good thing. I really had to think hard to come up with enough things to make the fifteen list. You guys are not as bad as we make you out to be. The bad things are blaringly obvious; the other things…well, you be the judge.