10 Ways to Save Money on Gas! Does your gas bill for your vehicle seem way to out of control? Paying 60 to 70 dollars just to keep your vehicle filled: Especially with the economy on a new low, and the recent oil spill, gas could be rising more soon. Here are a few tips to help keep that gas bill under control!
1) Start With The Car! Buy a car that is gas efficient! Don’t go out and buy a Hummer in less you want to pay 100 dollars to keep if filled! If you have enough money to buy a Hummer, Why not buy a car that can get 50 miles to the gallon? Such as a Hybrid or even an electric car.
2) Empty Your Trunk! Take all that useless junk out of your trunk and throw it aside! Those items can put more weight on your vehicle than you need, thus putting more effort on the vehicle to reach a certain distance. For example; Wonder why trucks and hummers cost more to keep fueled than an average sized car? They have a lot more weight to carry thus needing more energy and fuel! So keep your trunk empty and keep dollars off that bill.
3) Keep Your Tires Aired Up! Not adequate air in your tires is the most common mistake people make! Properly inflated tires make it easier for your car to roll, making it easier for your vehicle to get to point A to point B in a shorter amount of time.
4) Keep Your Car Tuned! Have a tune up on your car as often as you can. This way your car runs like it’s brand new and there is no extra effort for the car to keep going. This will slash dollars in the long run!
5) Brake Appropriately! This is one people don’t really realize, but braking can be an important money slasher! Braking on a sudden stop puts a lot of tension on your car, wearing down your breaks as well as your gas bill!
6) The Manual Car! If you have a car that is manual, then you have the opportunity to save a lot of money on the gas bill. Here’s how to do it: You want to shift up early, and shift down late. This method helps save on your gas bill by using lower rpm’s. Also another tip you can do is when your going down hill, put it in neutral and let it roll. I Only Suggest This If The Hill Is Not Too Steep! If the hill is to steep then your car could pick up too much speed and get out of control.
7) The Gas! Choose the cheapest gas that is suitable for your car! You do not have to go out and buy Premium gas every time you need to refill. Choose the most affordable, as well as decent enough for your car to run on.
8) Stay Away From Traffic! Being in heavily traffic areas can cause your gas bill to rise up, because your breaking every 30 seconds(see no. 5) and your on the road longer than you have to be!
9) Errands! I’m sure you heard this one before, but it is a common mistake! Get all of your errands on the least amount of trips possible: Less miles for your car, less money to put in your car!
10) The Speed Limit! The faster you go, the more gas your going to burn up! So if the speed limit is 60 mph, then try going 50 or even 55 mph. This should help your mpg by at least a couple miles.
When doing all of these tips, or even one of them: You will be amazed on how much money you will save in the long run! These tips will help you, as well as your car.