With all eyes on the world cup, many are drawing their attention to the famous soccer wives, many of whom are famous in their own right. This guide includes the team they player’s names, what team they play for, and what their wives and or girlfriends are famous for.
1. Victoria Beckham is married to Real Madrid’s David Beckham. He is currently playing for AC Milan, on a season long loan from Los Angeles Galaxy. He plays some parts of the season with Milan, and some with LA Galaxy. He is attempting to raise the profile of soccer in the USA. Previously he played for Manchester United, Preston North End (loan), and Real Madrid.
I have to admit, it seems that Victoria is much more famous then her husband, but perhaps most of that is for being married. Not to mention she is a famous American, while he is from another country. So that is likely why she is more famous than he is in the United States.
Victoria Beckham was originally a Spice Girl, long before she became a fashion icon. She will always be known as Posh Spice, which is where she garnered fame. She has designed clothes for Rock & Republic, released a solo album, has her own clothing line dVd, her own line of sunglasses and fragrances called Intimately Beckham, released two best-selling books, and has been a guest judge on shows like Project Runway, Germany’s Next Top Model, and American Idol.
She married the English footballer David Beckham on July 4, 1999. Together they raise their three sons, Brooklyn, Romeo, and Cruz.
2. Linda Evangelista married Fabien Barthez in 1998. He is a French goalkeeper, and plays in the South of France. The two divorced in 2000. Still she is one of the most famous ex-soccer wives. Her career as a model soared when she was signed to Elite Model Management, she has appeared in music videos with George Michael, signed exclusive contracts with L’Oreal Paris, and was featured in the Prada Fall 2008 campaign. Later she was signed to DNA Model Management and Models 1 in London.
3. Maggie Q aka Maggie Denise Quigley dated footballer, Hidetoshi Nakata. You may remember Maggie Q from movies like Live Free, Die Hard and Mission: Impossible III, and Balls of Fury. She got her start in Japan, then Taiwan and Hong Kong. She became a big name in Hong Kong, garnered success in Asia, before finding fame in the United States. She is both actress and famous model. She will also be the lead character in the CW series, Nikita.
4. Ilary Blasi is married to Francesco Totti (A.S. Roma). She started her career at just three-years-old, filming a television commercial. She then began making television and movie appearances, before going into modeling. After marrying she found work as a host for Le lene, Italy’s #1 hit show.
5. Claudine Palmer is married to Robbie Keane (Tottenham Hotspur). She is a former Miss Ireland contestant and top Irish model. They were high school sweethearts.
6. Noemie Lenoir is married to Claude Makelele of Paris Saint-Germain. She is a model who appeared opposite Pierce Bronsan and Salma Hayek in the movie, After the Sunset. She also appeared in Rush Hour 3, for a role she shaved her head for. She has done campaigns for Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Gap, H&M, and L’Oreal.
7. Michelle Marsh is married to Will Haining (St. Mirren). She has appeared in men’s magazine’s, Maxim, Zoo, and Playboy. She also formed a successful modeling partnership. She is famous for being naked in front of the camera, doing reality television, and for releasing the single, “I Don’t Do“.
8. Bianca Kajlich is married to Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy). She is an American actress of Slovak and Italian heritage. She is currently starring on television on the CBS comedy, Rules of Engagement. She’s had supporting roles in television and movies. She also starred in “Bring It On“, where she played Carver.
9. Cheryl Cole is married to Ashley Cole (Chelsea). This British pop singer is in the band, Girls Aloud, and also appeared as a judge on The X Factor. She is married to Ashley Cole, the Chelsea and England football player. She is also famous for having climbed Mount Kilimanjaro for charity.
10. Sylvie Francoise van der Vaart is married to Rafael van der Vaart (Real Madrid). On her 18th birthday she decided to become a model. By 2003, she was selected as Holland’s sexiest female, and then started a relationship with Rafael, who was then an Ajax soccer player. She has worked as a television host for 2008 FIFA World Player of the Year ceremony.