In the beginning of any relationship there are a few things you probably should not mention to your new squeeze; here you will find out exactly what those things are and why you should pass on mentioning them.
1. At some point you should tell your new partner about this, but probably not right at the get go, and that is past STD’s if they are curable, they have been cured and they are no longer a threat to you or to her. It’s probably not the best idea to tell her about this over dinner.
2. Past relationships are always a sore spot, if you tell them too soon it’s like you’re not over the old girl. If it comes up later in the relationship it’s ok but in general don’t mention certain things as if you’re comparing her. That will get you single real quick.
3. Sexual adventures could go good or bad but if you mention all these crazy things you have done it could make you look like a man whore or just some kind of weirdo who likes telling women about your sexual exploits.
4. Unusual fantasies range from fetish to just creepy. Sometimes women like a man who has a free sexual spirit and sometimes they don’t. For this I think you should probably wait until you could gauge if your lady has the same interests. If they do then go for it, tell them your best but if not then it’s probably a good idea to either let it go or get out of the relationship.
5. Extremely feminine hobbies are great, I would love a guy who liked to go shopping with me, not that it’s super feminine but still it would be nice. Some women don’t like a man who takes care of his skin or his nails or his feet. Frankly this is beyond me but just see how your lady feels about men who are metro sexual and then go from there. Remember if it is so uncomfortable for you to be in a relationship where your lady doesn’t approve of your hobbies then you need to get out.
6. Guy talk secrets are just how they sound, for the guys!
7. Bad breakups only need to be mentioned if they are still going on or if they have some kind of old stalker ex girlfriend. They are something to laugh at later but not something to scare her off.
8. Criminal records, if you have misdemeanors and you’re “that” guy, the streaker when he’s drunk or happy, then you can probably wait on mentioning that. Obviously if it’s something bad you should probably disclose all that soon in the relationship.
9. Past cheating is always a deal breaker. If you are a new man, you have really turned a new leaf, then I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary to mention it. At some point you will become so confident in your relationship that you can tell her anything and she will understand this is the point where it’s ok to tell her.
10. This is not the same as guy talk secrets, these are the secrets where your friend has to visit you personally and tell you about. Some things are just between friends and they should stay that way.
Hopefully with these tips you can have a long and healthy relationship and things will work out for the best. Remember though never stay in a relationship where you can’t be yourself, who are you if not yourself?