You have waited and your favorite ladies are back. Carrie Bradshaw, Samantha Jones, Miranda Hobbes, and Charlotte York make their return to the big screen in “Sex and the City 2,” the sequel to their first hit movie.
Scheduled to be released May 27, it picks up life with the four chums two years later. Their first movie, “Sex and the City,” was a huge success, grossing $415 million worldwide. The romantic comedy released in 2008, is based on the novel by Candace Bushnell. It all started with the HBO series that portrayed a realistic view of sexuality, romance, careers, and friendship between four forty-something gal pals in “The Big Apple.” The show ended in 2004.
“What happens after you say, ‘I do?'” Carrie asks in the new sequel. You settle down and share life with Mr. Big. (After a whole lot of drama). Only, maybe you get a little too settled. Carrie begins to observe: “Big and I are getting a little too Mr. and Mrs. Married. We have to work on the sparkle.” Perhaps the Latina “hottie” Carrie eyes Mr. Big flirting with could spell trouble with a capital “T” for their marriage.
Meanwhile, in the first “Sex and the City” flick, Miranda’s marital problems were solved, and she reconciled with her hubby. We find her in part two trying to balance work and home. Charlotte, who enjoyed being a wife and mother, is now buckling under the pressures of marriage and raising two adopted children. Samantha, who called it “Splitsville” with Smith and moved back to New York City, hasn’t lost her zest for life, or her roving eye and sexual appetite.
There’s nothing like a change of scenery to refresh the soul. A trip to Abu Dhabi does the trick. Upon arrival, the drama begins again, as Carrie comes across an old flame–former fiance Aiden, (John Corbett), who charmed her during season four of the hit TV show. A little fire to spice up a relationship. Let the adventure begin!
“Sex and the City 2” Rated: R
Studio:New Line Cinema
Director: Michael Patrick King
Executive Producers: Richard Brener, Toby Emmerich, Marcus Viscidi
Producers: Sarah Jessica Parker, Michael Patrick King, John Melfi, Darren Star,
Co-Producer: Eric M. Cyphers
Film Location: New York City, Morocco
Cast: Sarah Jessica Parker, (Carrie Bradshaw), Kim Cattrall, (Samantha Jones), Cynthia Nixon, (Miranda Hobbes), Kristin Davis, (Charlotte York), Christopher Noth, (Mr. Big), David Eigenberg, (Steve Brady), Jason Lewis, (Jerry ‘Smith’ Jerrod), Mario Cantone, (Anthony Marantino), Evan Handler, (Harry Goldenblatt), Miley Cyrus, (Herself), Penelope Cruz, (Lydia), John Corbett, (Aidan Shaw), Liza Minnelli, (Herself), Max Ryan, (Rikard)
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Drama
“Sex and the City 2” Website: click here
Purchase Tickets: click here and here
Official Trailer: click here
Grab your girlfriends and Cosmopolitans and get ready cause here are ten reasons everyone is excited about “Sex and the City 2:”
1. The romance. This is a bona fide, one hundred percent certified chick flick, and we want to see more romance. Ladies, we just love a good love story, right? Especially when it has a happy ending.
2. The travel and adventure. I’m a New Yorker and can definitely relate to living single in the “city that doesn’t sleep.” It’s a hot town with too much to do and everything to see and get into. Loads of culture, parks, clubs, restaurants, concerts, gee, I could go on for days! Then, the ladies are off to Abu Dhabi, and “Arabian Nights” escapades. Palm trees, arid breezes, hot sun, and desert.
3. The “Girl Power.” Samantha said it all when she proclaimed, “We made a deal ages ago. Man, babies, doesn’t matter. We’re soul mates.” We love the camaraderie! BFF-best friends forever.
4. The fashions. These ladies definitely know their designers. We’re talking vintage Gucci, Coach, Manolo Blahnik and Jimmy Choo shoes, Chanel and Versace. New York City style! (Take the “Sex and the City” Fashion quiz. Click here).
5. The hot guys. Where there’s Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha, there will be men. Good-looking hunks that make for great “eye candy.”
6. The fun. They may be forty-something, but they certainly are not over-the hill. Dull and boring are not in Samantha’s vocabulary, and the rest of the group follow suit. Hey, girls just wanna have fun!
7. The drama and conflicts. Although our group has their fair share of fun, they confront real life situations and challenges. That’s another thing we like about our New York jet setters-they know how to live life. Even when it goes bad.
8. The sexuality and temptation. A little edginess in romance makes great fodder for a flick. These ladies take sexuality all the way to the edge, and beyond. Temptation will play a key role in the plot of “Sex and the City 2,” heating things up for our main character, Carrie, and her Mr. Big. Hmmm.
9. The strong, independent successful woman. There’s nothing like a strong, independent woman and our four ladies each possess these traits. Whether they have a successful career, are at home raising children, or trying to balance both worlds, our “Sex and the City” ladies can stand on their own two feet, thank-you.
10.The happy endings. Boyfriends, husbands, dating, marriage, break-ups, sometimes life can be a big mess. But, it’s nice to see all that drama come to a tidy resolution. There’s much to be said about walking away from a movie with a warm, comfy-cozy feeling cause everyone ended up happy and things turned out right. Bottom line: we like happy endings.
“Sex and the City” On Set
Sarah Jessica Parker on “Sex and the City 2” First Look
“SATC 2” Movie Shoot- 8 September, 2009- 5th Avenue, NYC
sexandthecity.org,nydailynews.com, about.com, fandango.com, imdb.com, wikipedia.com,youtube.com, abudhabi.com, nycgo.com, hbo.com, store.hbo.com