10 Reason Why BP and the White House have been slow to respond to the oil spill
While the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is threatening to destroy economic activity, and even damage whole ecosystems, here is a behind the scenes look at the spill, the White House and BP.
10. BP hoped to turn oil spill into an amusement park called “Oiland”.
9. President Obama thought Vice President Biden was kidding when he called the oil spill an “Oilmaggedon.”
8. BP’s president thought that “light sweet crude” was edible and could be used to make maple syrup.
7. The oil spill was mistaken for a giant plume of blackberry jelly.
6. BP for years had been relying on blow out preventers even though they are nothing more than two vending machines stacked on top of each other.
5. The oil spill was able to remain largely undetected for weeks by hiding out in Argentina under an assumed name.
4. President Obama thought it was another one of Vice President Biden’s practical jokes.
3. For a while Vice President Biden thought that it was one of his practical jokes.
2. Everybody is waiting for Ironman or Superman to plug the leak.
1. Bo the White House dog assured everyone that he would have it fixed in a couple weeks.