1. Ron Howard is well known to all as Opie Taylor, of “The Andy Griffith Show” and father of “Twilight” movie star, Bryce Dallas Howard.
As Opie, Ron played a small boy in a rural town, Mayberry, NC. raised by his windowed father, Andy, who was the small town’s sheriff. Opie was an all American kid, a Baby Boomer and faced many a crisis that a typical rural boy would have but always had the wisdom and humor of one of the greatest and beloved fathers of the Baby Boomer Generation in the character of Andy Griffin. Ron Howard has often stated how much Andy really was such a great mentor, especially as they spent so much time together during the filming years of “The Andy Griffin Show”.
A blog from Ron Howard would be an inspiration to so many young people, especially other young actors and performers who have to deal with the issues of fame that come with the entertainment world.
2. Ozzy Osbourne is a legend of Heavy Metal Rock and many of us have seen the Osbourne’s reality show, The Osbournes, where the famous family puts their dysfunctional selves right out there for all to see and ask, “How do they live like that?” The amazing thing that came across was that in spite of the swearing and wackiness all the members display, they do at least do things together. They hang out together and it is obvious that the parents have a lot of communication and a close relationship with their children, which is something that many parents wonder how to accomplish. They must be doing something right, if their kids talk to them and want to be around them. For this reason, Ozzy (and Sharon, his wife) should write their own blog, to help other parents find that missing link that connect to their children and keeps the lines of communication going.
3. Kirk Douglas, one of the most famous actors from the 1950’s, for over 50 years, Kirk Douglas gave us his equally famous son, Michael Douglas. Many articles and biography shows have given the public the impression that Kirk Douglas was had a distant and very strict relationship with his son Michael. As Michael became famous in his own right and matured, there seemed to be an understanding and deep appreciation for his strong father. Kirk Douglas seemed to have matured and eventually realized his faults and they both grew very close in recent years. Kirk Douglas would have a lot to offer other parents by illustrating the mistakes he made that may help other fathers who are deeply commented to careers, realize what they may be also missing from their families and children.
4. Regis Philbin never has been a celebrity dad who talked about his children much or personal life, but has opened up more in recent years, as his children have grown and partially became involved in the entertainment world. His daughter, Jennifer Joy “J. J.” Philbin became a writer for Saturday Night Live. Although Regis make us all well aware that he does not know, nor does he want to get to know any new technologies, he would have so much good advice to give other fathers and parents who find it difficult to balance high profile careers with family needs. Regis would just need someone to type his daily thoughts in his blog.
5. Martin Sheen is the father of two very well known son actors, Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estévez. Martin has also been well known for being politically active for many causes over the years. He has actually participated in demonstrations and has been arrested while fighting for causes he believes in. Martin Sheen is a tremendous actor, knowledgeable in world affairs and a terrific father…all great ingredients for an interesting and inspiring blog.
6. Brad Pit has become very known as a fantastic actor over a long spanning career of many types of characters. Since marrying Angelina Jolie, they both have become very well known for raising awareness and helping causes of hunger and peoples in need all over the globe. They have adopted children from other countries and cultures. Brad Pitt has been doing a great amount of work rebuilding houses in New Orleans after the Hurricane Katrina devastated that area. They both have given literally millions of dollars to charities of many kinds. There’s a lot that Brad could offer in a daily blog, such as latest news of the rebuilding going on in New Orleans.
7. Will Smith is one of the most popular actors of our time and yet seems to very down to earth and family oriented. He has begun to have his children involved in his movies and even their own appearances in major films. Will would be a tremendous blogger and his natural humor would make his blog well worth checking out.
8. Johnny Depp has tremendous charisma and a huge following of avid fans. In recent years, he has been more receptive to interviews and revealing family information. He is deeply involved with his family and would provide a great deal of fascinating stories and great advice for other parents and fathers of how to keep focused on family, while spending a great amount of time to one’s career. Wouldn’t we all want to see picks on his own blog of all the hats he has worn over the years?
9. Barack Obama has led one of the most interesting and blended cultural backgrounds of all our Presidents. His intelligence, personality and personal story of coming from a background that most of us would never think would end up becoming our nation’s first Afro-American President, make Barack Obama one of the top father candidates to blog. As the most powerful man of the most powerful nation on the planet, President Obama actually has his own blog on the Whitehouse.gov website. Barack has had many occasions to talk about parenting and fathers being responsible to their families and children, as he always struggled with not having his own father being involved in his life. Being a responsible father and parent are a highly passionate aspect of Barack’s personality. He manages to do things and be very involved with his own children, in spite of the fact that he is the President in a time when the country demands almost all of his time with historic issues. Barack Obama is a well-versed and intelligent person and has a lot to offer in the form of a personal blog. Hopefully, he will continue to have his own blog, after leaving his terms of office as President.
10. Bill Clinton is also one of the most dynamic and charismatic political leaders of our times and also known as a caring and loving father. Bill Clinton has written about his issues of his birth and step fathers. His personal issues as a husband and extra-marital affairs have strained his marriage and most likely affected his daughter, Chelsea, and would offer a lot of advice through a personal blog. There is a great many lessons to be taught and learned from this recent President and famous celebrity, father and husband. This family has managed to push through and hang onto each other despite the public display of personal issues they have gone through. A Bill Clinton blog would be fascinating to follow!