Florida has long been a vacation spot; consider these ten places when you’re looking for a place to go for the whole family to enjoy!
10) Florida Family Vacation: Port St. Joe Florida: One of my favorite places in the world is the Turtle Beach Inn at Port St. Joe Florida. Almost as though you’re at the ends of the earth, visit Port St. Joe for your family vacation and see turtles come up to the beach and watch the waves lap over you. Definitley a vacation destination in Florida for the outdoor family; Turtle Beach Inn is a great place to base your visit to the beach!
9) Florida Family Vacation: Disney World: Disney. They’ve been a great theme park destination for kids and parents alike for years and years. That’s all.
8) Florida Family Vacation: Universal Studios Orlando: Universal Studios in Orlando has given those Disney guys a run for their money. but rather than forcing the mouse out of the house, they have only made Florida that much more of a vacation destination for the whole family. Universal Studios theme park is a great mixture of fun things for the kids, exciting things for the teens, and some relaxation for the parents; perfect!
7) Florida Family Vacation: Sea World Orlando: For the aquatically curious, Sea World Orlando has all manner of exciting things. Get up close and personal with creatures that most of us will only ever see at a place like Sea World. Ride the rides, dine at the park, and watch those crazy dolphins perform; there’s something for the whole family at Sea World Orlando.
6) Florida Family Vacation: Kennedy Space Center: For the space case in the family, make a point of making a visit to the Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral Florida. If you time your visit to Kennedy correctly you may be able to see a rocket go off live and in person!
5) Florida Family Vacation: Fort Pierce:Fort Pierce is a great place to take the family in Florida when you’ve had enough of the theme parks and all that other noise. Fort Pierce is on the east coast of Florida; towards the more southerly end and there is still plenty for the whole family to do in the area that doesn’t involve insane crowd. Check out the lovely Fort Pierce Marina for a charter boat or the Sunrise Theatre of Perfrorming Art for comedy, music, or a show! When you’re looking for somewhere to stay in Fort Pierce consider the wonderful Mellon Patch Inn.
4) Florida Family Vacation: Cocoa Beach: Cocoa Beach is the closest beach to Orlando so if you are staying at any of the amusement parks or anything like that, it’s good to be aware. However Cocoa Beach is a great place to go for…Cocoa Beach. Cocoa Beach is a total beach town and may be the east coasts version of Surf City USA. A great thing about Cocoa Beach for the family is that not only is there great weather and plenty to do but it’s affordable!
3) Florida Family Vacation: Fort Lauderdale: Some may consider Fort Lauderdale one of the more well-worn destinations in Florida but the area has done a great deal to revamp their image and make themselves a tourist destination once again. Whether you’re looking for scuba, sightseeing, tours, charter boats, or just some much needed R&R, your whole family will find plenty to do in Fort Lauderdale.
2) Florida Family Vacation: Tampa:Tampa Bay may be considered more of a retirement destination but this area has also done a great deal to add to their allure as a vacation spot. Tampa has plenty to do including professional football, baseball, or hockey, sightseeing, a fabulous arts community, and wonderfully Mexican inspired dining. Busch Gardens Africa and The Florida Aquarium are also in Tampa so bring in the family, make a plan, and you’re set!
1) Florida Family Vacation: Kissimmee: One place in Florida which is in the process of revamping their image is Kissimmee. Located nearby Disney, Sea World, Epcot, and Universal, Kissimmee is a great place to stay when you want to do all of these things. The good part about Kissimmee is that they are still in the process of branding themselves as your ultimate vacation destination. So you can get in on the action in Kissimmee before any of your friends know!